Surface Cleaning Short Course
A One Day Tutorial at the 7th Int’l Surface Preparation/Cleaning Workshop
When: October 27, 2010
Where: Northeastern University, Raytheon Amphitheater
- This tutorial introduces the basic and advanced particle adhesion and cleaning technology in the semiconductor, FPD and disk drive industries.
- All current (Megasonic, brush, hydrodynamic, etc.) and new (Laser, Argon snow, etc.) Cleaning techniques are discussed in sufficient details. The applicability, effectiveness, disadvantages and advantages of each technique are described.
- Fundamentals of particle adhesion and the effect of deformation, chemistry and other parameters on particle adhesion (especially for CMP) are described. The cleaning mechanism of each of the described techniques will be explained and contrasted with the other techniques. New technologies are examined based on their performance and applicability to today’s manufacturing needs. Future surface cleaning needs and the ability of current and future technologies to meet them will be discussed.
- Ahmed Busnaina, Ph.D., the William Lincoln Smith Professor and Director of the NSF IUCRC Center for Microcontamination Control and the NSF Nanoscale Science and Engineering Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing, Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
- Jin-Goo Park, Ph.D., Visiting Research Professor, NSF Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing, Northeastern University and Professor/Directors/Micro Biochip Center, Nano-bio Electronic Materials Processing Lab. Hanyang University, Korea
Who Should Attend?
This tutorial is tailored to meet the needs of the engineers, chemists, managers, consultants, certifying personnel and other professionals who are involved with surface cleaning, preparation or engineering, particle removal, and contamination control responsibility in the semiconductor, flat panel display, disk drive and other industries involved in clean manufacturing.
One-day short course (8:30am – 4:30pm)
- Fundamentals of Particle Adhesion
- Fundamentals in Surface Chemistry for Surface Preparation
- Hydrodynamic (Shear Stress) and Brush Cleaning
- Megasonic and Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Post-CMP cleaning
- Dry Ice Cleaning (Argon and CO2)
- Laser Cleaning
- $699 Registration received before Sept. 30, 2010
- $899 Registration received after Sept. 30, 2010
Tutorial Fees Include:
- One day of instruction
- Comprehensive course notes
- Morning and afternoon break refreshments
Participant substitute can be made at anytime. Cancellation is subject to a 50% administrative fee, which includes the course notes. Registrants who do not attend and do not cancel are subject to the full fee.