Call For Papers
The 5th International Surface Cleaning Workshop
Future and Current Challenges in Surface Cleaning
What: To present and discuss current and future challenges and solutions in surface cleaning to the surface cleaning community. The workshop will give end-users, researchers and suppliers a forum to discuss new technologies, solutions and limitations in meeting surface cleaning needs for the year 2007 and beyond. The Conference will include invited and contributed presentations and panel discussions.
When: November 13-14, 2007
Where: Boston, MA (exact location to be determined)
Authors are encouraged to include new experimental results and findings in their presentations. Topics include, but are not limited to:
– New and emerging cleaning technologies
– Damage issues during cleaning
– Challenges in Single Wafer and EUV Mask cleaning
– Post-CMP cleaning challenges and solutions
– Wet cleaning techniques (megasonic, brush, etc.)
– Dry cleaning techniques (laser, cryogenic aerosol, etc.)
– Surface Cleaning for Cu and low-k and high-K dielectrics
– Effect of Chemistry on Cleaning
– Issues in cleaning large substrates (300 mm wafers)
– Economical (Cost of Ownership) and environmental (EHS) impact of surface cleaning
Potential Presenters: Prospective authors are requested to submit an abstract of 200-300 words that includes a summary of significant results and a short biography.
The deadline for submitting papers is September 19, 2007.
Please include presenters’ name, title, company, address, telephone, fax and email when submitting abstracts to: Carolyn Oakes, Staff Assistant
Tel: 617-373-6012 Fax: 617-373-3266
Authors selected to present at the symposium will be notified shortly after the above deadline. If your presentation is accepted, a copy of the presentation slides will be included in the workshop web proceedings.
For further information, please contact the Symposium Chair:
Ahmed Busnaina, William Lincoln Smith Professor and Director
NSF Center for Microcontamination Control
334 Snell Engineering, Boston, MA
Tel: 617-373-2992, Fax: 617-373-3266